Thursday 19 February 2015

Property values rise by £515 per week in Aylesbury

Last week, a landlord who lives in Ballinger Common came in to our office to discuss the rising property values in the Buckinghamshire area. He owns a varied portfolio of rental properties, primarily in Aylesbury and Berkhamstead with one in Tring, so it is interesting to compare the increase in property values around the area.

Over the last 12 months in Aylesbury average property values have risen from £295,900 to £322,700, a rise of £26,800 or £515 per week. When I looked at some of the surrounding areas, Berkhamstead has had a much higher average increase in property values, at around £717 per week (as the average value of a Berkhamstead property has risen from £526,200 to £563,500) , whilst Tring has had a much lower rise of around £351 per week (taking an average property in Tring from £430,000 to £448,300).

Interestingly, when one looks at the percentages, Aylesbury has performed the best, rising by 9% in the last 12 months, compared to Berkhamstead at 7.1% and Tring at 4.2%! It is, nonetheless, a rise in all the town’s average property values which suggests the market is increasing steadily in our area, but especially Aylesbury– good news for home owners and landlords alike.

However, back to Aylesbury, long term property values which track peaks and troughs are more helpful to landlord investors. The questions I seem to be asked on an almost daily basis by landlords are:-

• “Should I sell my property in Aylesbury, or even buy another?”
• “Is the time right to buy another buy to let property in Aylesbury and if not Aylesbury, where?”
• “Are there any property bargains out there in Aylesbury?”

When considering this landlord’s buy to let portfolio, yields can be in the order of an average 3.5% to 5.5% per year, depending where you buy, so combine that with steady rental growth, excellent increases in capital values of the properties themselves and it could be a good time to invest in the property market in Aylesbury as property values start to rise.

If you would like some advice about buying to let, be you a landlord with a portfolio or someone thinking of investing in the rental market, do what a number of other Aylesbury landlords do and visit the Aylesbury Property Blog where I discuss the Aylesbury property market, how Aylesbury compares with its neighbouring towns/ rivals, and at the same time, I can hopefully answer the three questions above. I don’t bite, I don’t do hard sell, I will just give you my honest and straight talking opinion. If you are ever passing, do pop in and see me at our office on Temple Street, Aylesbury or email me at ian@mortimersaylesbury.co.uk or telephone me on 01296 39 85 55.

1 comment:

  1. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site.
    how to sell my house fast

    ReplyDelete