Top 5 Ideas for bringing summer into your home
Welcome to The Cosy Corner!! In these short articles we will be touching on some of our favourite trends, ideas and solutions for all things home related along with tips and tricks for landlords, tenants and anyone looking for inspiration around the home.
With summer fast approaching we felt it was only right to begin with our top 5 ideas for getting your home bang on trend and summer ready!
1) First things first, get rid of the heavy rugs, heaters and thick blankets. Say goodbye to all things heat retaining and hello to light and breezy. This will instantly give your home a summer lift.
|"hello to light and breezy"|
2) Replace candles with fresh flowers or green house plants to bring a touch of the outdoors and a splash of colour into your home as well as a fresh scent. Flowers are not only known for their beauty but also for their health benefits. Having fresh flowers in the house is proven to increase creativity and boost your mood. Try adding some flowers into the rooms you spend the most time in to really make the most of those positive vibes.
|"Flowers are not only known for their beauty but also for their health benefits"|
3) We love an excuse for getting our painting pants on! Summer is the ideal time to take on redecoration projects as the sun and summer heat will dry your home in no time. A fresh coat of paint is a brilliant way of giving your home a bright and summery feel. However, trying to decide on a colour is always the hardest part, right? Cool, neutral and muted colours are very popular this year, especially the blues, greys and whites. These colours are very classy and easy to accessorise so are perfect for any room. Many people pair these colours with hardwood or wood effect flooring to give the impression of a bright open space.
|Cool, neutral and muted colours are very popular|
|A tidy garden is an essential for all things summer.|
4) A tidy garden is an essential for all things summer. Dust off the BBQ and get your gardening gloves at the ready. Having a clean and colourful garden is the perfect setting for a family gathering in the sun. 2018 is looking to be the year of ‘grow your own’. People are taking on the challenge of growing their own fruit and vegetables.
|2018 is looking to be the year of ‘grow your own'|
5) We are also seeing many people embracing the indoor plant. Aloe Vera, Cactus, and spider plants are only a few of the most popular for 2018. Along with bringing colour and style into your home, these are also brilliant for purifying the air, reducing moisture in the air and some are known for helping to relieve stress!
|some are known for helping to relieve stress|
So, there you have some of our favourite tips and trends for summer 2018! We hope this has given you some inspiration for your home.
If you have any questions about anything home related, drop us an email at or and we will include it in our next article!
Until next time,
Devon & Jennie